Friday, November 29, 2013

Brett Scott — Building Creative Commons: The Five Pillars of Open Source Finance

This is an article about Open Source Finance. It's an idea I first sketched out at a talk I gave at the Open Data Institute in London. By 'Open Source Finance', I don't just mean open source software programmes. Rather, I'm referring to something much deeper and broader. It's a way of framing an overall change we might want to see in the financial system. To illustrate this, I set up an analogy between computer systems and economic systems, and I then explore what financial 'code' might be. I then sketch out the five pillars that could underpin an open finance movement.
suitpossum
Building Creative Commons: The Five Pillars of Open Source Finance
Brett Scott

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Z"Shares and bonds are extractive financial conduits"

Bonds are necessarily extractive but shares need not be IF dividends are NEVER paid.

Instead, to give the common stock tangible value, it could be redeemable in the products of the company leaving the assets untouched, as they should be, except if the company is liquidated.

My, my! How people resist or are blind to the idea of sharing.